Thursday 17 February 2011

Cutting St. Pancras - and a love of trains

St Pancras has been a building that's amazed me for many years. Situated right next to Kings Cross (which is the station that I arrive into from home into London) - its the building I walk past if I am heading to the British Library or a little further down the road to another favourite place: The Wellcome Collection. Its such a magnificent building and of course is now home to the Eurostar International railway line. I simply love, love, love trains. Of any description. They can be little chuggy ones that take me to Ally Pally or the speedier trains that zip by the landscape. When I fantasise of time alone... its a train journey that I go in my head, with a never ending ticket and a never emptying purse. There is just something magical about a train journey. Still, I digress!! here is the start of the St. Pancras cut slowly emerging from the paper. Its taken 8 hours so far and counting....










No comments:

Post a Comment