Sunday 29 July 2012

Proving to myself I can still do it... four new pieces for Byard Art Summer Show


I admit it...  have been having major wobbles about my work. After the move, after the emotional upheaval - could I still do it? make pieces that are relevant, have balance? could I still hold the scalpel calmly in my hand when my insides are all a tangly mush? well... I took it bit by bit and got four pieces done. They are only A4, so nothing extra ordinary in the great scheme of things, especially when I think of all the prestigious installationey things that are set up in the art world. I am such a teeny tiny minnow in the scheme of things....but to me, these four pieces are a little mini triumph that normality is beginning to happen. That life, so vastly different from how it was, will still push onwards, and making my art ill still be essential part of my life.


These four pieces - classic icons of Cambridge: the market place, the apples trees in The Orchard, the Mathematical Bridge and of course the punts - are all available to buy from Byard Art, Cambridge right now in the summer show, all priced at £300 each.





No comments:

Post a Comment