Saturday 8 September 2012

Paper Quotes - A-Z exhibition at Byard Art



Come along to the Private View this Thursday 13th September 6 - 8pm at Byard Art's latest exhibition A-Z that starts on Friday 14th September and runs until 7th October 2012 and you can see four new pieces fresh from the studio.

In the exhibition with a wide range of work by British contemporary artists - each chosen specifically to represent a letter of the alphabet. I am Q for quotes and this was an opportunity to do some pieces based on poems that I love, some real classics that I have have known for many many years....like "To his Coy Mistress" by Andrew Marvell, "Ruth by Thomas Hood, The Skye Boat song and even a quote from Arthur Shaunessy's "0de"

About the new works:
The two pieces at the top are in my usual style of papercuts and layered collage, with vintage papers and hand made marbled papers cut to form the text. Increasingly in my work I am using lettering and image together...and these are some of my favourite I have made. It's funny how they just seem to want to be cut from the paper.

The other two pieces below are a departure of sorts and are paper cuts of text with layered postage stamp collages underneath. The Skye Boat song features stamps from across the world with ships and seas and rivers on them.... and the "We are the music makers" piece features stamps that have images of inspiration on them from the Olympics to buildings built.

Larger images of the new works will be posted to my website later today.

So come along on Thursday evening for a late summer evening in Cambridge and enjoy seeing all the artists' new works in the A-Z exhibition at Byard Art.




No comments:

Post a Comment