Thursday 18 August 2016

What a discovery in March! Movie poster originals!

I got the chance just recently to visit March on the Cambridgeshire Fens. I've never been before apart from seeing a small bit of the Fens on the way to Norfolk. So this day was a real treat. I was there as a tag along passenger as we had lots of my fiance's work stops to do but even so, I managed to see all sorts of things while he was busy!

And this was one of them. I love Wetherspoons pubs. Having trained as a carpet designer, I'm a real fan of their individual carpet designs for each pub. I collect pics of them and post to Instagram. So we saw this one and just popped in. What a surprise!!! Movie posters all still intact in the entrance hall. They were fantastic! Wonderful image and text together. Different fonts and type everywhere you looked. You rarely get the chance to get up close and personal with things like this in context. They were incredibly crisp and clear and so evocative of another time.

If you are in March, go see!! here are the details/address of where the pub is:
https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs/england/cambridgeshire/the-hippodrome-march












No comments:

Post a Comment