Friday 4 April 2014

Paper faces and a textiles angel altar frontal at St. Francis College

In January last year I worked at St. Francis College in Letchworth Garden City.  I worked with lots of pupils, ranging from Year 6 girls up to the Upper Sixth. These photos are from the workshops I ran getting the students to have a go at paper face free cutting, as well as examples of the textiles work I developed with Year 10 over several weeks. They each made an angel head by using layers of silk bonded onto calico with Bondaweb. After that they made printing blocks from mount card and printed these onto the surface of the bonded fabrics. Additional detailing was done with embroidery and pen drawing. I sewed all the pieces together to form an algel altar frontal that was in place in time for the Christmas season at the end of 2013.









No comments:

Post a Comment