Sunday 6 April 2014

Sunday car adventure into East Herts and Essex - gorgeous domestic buildings

We went on a car adventure today. Yesterday it had been a six miler walk up to Pegsdon Hills from Offley so we needed to not walk to far today as we were a bit achey. I still have a broken toe, so after a certain distance, the feeling of bone on bone is a but horrid and makes me feel tired and a tad sick! So today was the time to jump in the car and explore a little of East Herts. I don't know much about that end of the county, even little more of Essex I am ashamed to say. I suppose I have always radiated upwards to Cambridge and beyond.

So we headed off to Ware and then bypassed Herford to go to Old Harlow and then up again to Sawbridgeworth and then up to Bishops Stortford. Here are a few house pictures from Old Harlow. It was lovely.!A little place that, though chopped about by town planners and too much infill,  has some gems of domestic architecture at almost every corner. I absolutely loved seeing these small domestic buildings... real homes. Beautifully tended often and just such neat shapes. The blue windowed one I would jump at making a paper cut of. I couldn't resist taking photos. It's a place I could wander round for a fair while.










No comments:

Post a Comment