About Me

My photo
I am a cut paper artist and I live in Arlesey, Bedfordshire. I'm originally from a small village outside Salisbury - Winterslow - in Wiltshire. I use a scalpel (and scissors too) to cut into single sheets of paper that I then layer from behind to create bold and striking images of buildings and places, expressing my love of the English landscape and the natural world about me.

Monday, 21 May 2012

Trauma and bunting...

My life is a bit traumatic at the moment to say the least. I am separating from my husband of 20 years and moving house with the kids, we will be sharing time with them. Just that little sentence will no doubt tell you that I have had a lot on my plate lately! And in amongst the big ups and downs, the sadness's of coming to terms with what's happening, I am managing to do some work for the "Jubilee" show at Byard Art that starts this coming Saturday. And here is one of the pieces...some cheery bunting. And I loved making it. Loved the patterns, loved the colour of it, loved the optimism that's inherent in the image. I think I may make lots more... somehow these cheery little flags have stirred my rather bashed heart.And you can get to see a little of the process of the making of them...






No comments:

Post a Comment