About Me

My photo
I am a cut paper artist and I live in Arlesey, Bedfordshire. I'm originally from a small village outside Salisbury - Winterslow - in Wiltshire. I use a scalpel (and scissors too) to cut into single sheets of paper that I then layer from behind to create bold and striking images of buildings and places, expressing my love of the English landscape and the natural world about me.

Tuesday, 10 July 2012

Making paper faces

I have been making paper faces for a fair while...usually its for children's workshops as the folding the paper in half and cutting eyes, nose and mouth is a kind of magic thing to watch someone make and have a go doing too. I demonstrated how to do it just recently at the Pop Up Festival of Stories 2012 It really gets your brain going as you have to think about how to use a simple shape to convey a face. I have never done them with a scalpel though... its always been with scissors. 

Until now..... I am in a new house, a new life and up from my subconscious are rising these faces. Creativity is a magical thing! talk about a mystery...and I quite like this start. I like the fact that she looks like a warrior, a woman who is looking intently, a woman that's focussed. The nose and the lips on the second version are a bit rubbish though!  Mark 3 coming soon....





No comments:

Post a Comment