Thursday 24 July 2014

Falling in love all over again - with the land


I have fallen in love all over again - hook line and sinker - with the landscapes and nature. I have lived in a town for a very long time, but recently have been walking and walking in the countryside near me in Stevenage. Hertfordshire has some beautiful countryside, and its just on my doorstep, away from the full towns. Beautiful old oaks and protected ancient wooded areas, really its been a discovery and revelation. 

The thing is, that at heart I am still a country girl. I was born in Wiltshire and grew up in the country and my roots are all from the land. I suppose it was only a matter of time before it resurfaced! Just looking at the lie of the land across the fields and then to the smaller details of plants and creature, nature is unendingly varied and beautiful. 

So, I have started to make works inspired by what I see on the walks. These pieces below have just been delivered to PS ARTS at Datchworth. A wonderful art centre run by Sharon Struckman. Set in a barn just near Woolmer Green, PS ARTS is a little arts hub for artists to exhibit and work together. These works range in price from large works at £300  to small works at £49 each.






No comments:

Post a Comment