Monday 31 August 2015

Collaborative sticky collage! getting the Mayor of Kettering involved!

On Saturday 29th Aug I was in the gardens outside Kettering's Alfred East Gallery, taking part in the NOST (Northants Open Art Trail) launch event. My exhibition "Views and Shoes" in the Long Gallery there started on that day too, and I was there to make a collaborative sticky backed plastic collage with the general public.

It was a great day! lots of art made and lots of art sold by artists! It was great to talk to people about the work I have on show, and explain a bit of the process of making. I got to meet lots of people too - even the Mayor of Kettering - June Derbyshire who you can see me helping in this series of photos. She really wanted a heart with an arrow through, so I cut it for her and helped her to apply it onto the panel. She was lovely and I really enjoyed chatting to her too. I haven't taken part in many events like this and it was really good fun. There is nothing like getting the chance to talk direct to people and show them what I do.









No comments:

Post a Comment