About Me

My photo
I am a cut paper artist and I live in Arlesey, Bedfordshire. I'm originally from a small village outside Salisbury - Winterslow - in Wiltshire. I use a scalpel (and scissors too) to cut into single sheets of paper that I then layer from behind to create bold and striking images of buildings and places, expressing my love of the English landscape and the natural world about me.

Thursday, 17 February 2011

Cutting St. Pancras - and a love of trains

St Pancras has been a building that's amazed me for many years. Situated right next to Kings Cross (which is the station that I arrive into from home into London) - its the building I walk past if I am heading to the British Library or a little further down the road to another favourite place: The Wellcome Collection. Its such a magnificent building and of course is now home to the Eurostar International railway line. I simply love, love, love trains. Of any description. They can be little chuggy ones that take me to Ally Pally or the speedier trains that zip by the landscape. When I fantasise of time alone... its a train journey that I go in my head, with a never ending ticket and a never emptying purse. There is just something magical about a train journey. Still, I digress!! here is the start of the St. Pancras cut slowly emerging from the paper. Its taken 8 hours so far and counting....










No comments:

Post a Comment