About Me

My photo
I am a cut paper artist and I live in Arlesey, Bedfordshire. I'm originally from a small village outside Salisbury - Winterslow - in Wiltshire. I use a scalpel (and scissors too) to cut into single sheets of paper that I then layer from behind to create bold and striking images of buildings and places, expressing my love of the English landscape and the natural world about me.

Monday, 14 February 2011

St. Paul's Cathedral - preparing work for the Affordable Art Fair, London, March 2011

Here are some of the stages of making a cut.This is St. Paul's Cathedral in London. A simply magnificent Wren building that takes my breathe away when ever I see it! I am making some really large pieces for me - A2 cuts of architecture in London and Cambridge ready for the Affordable Art Fair in London in March 2011. I have been wanting to go bigger, my ambition is to do a whole skyline but time isn't always there with two kids and the other papercut work I do. I am determined though and this is the first start of the process. Its daunting stuff to start at that blank page. Little by little though I cut it from the paper, carve it out almost and its fantastic to see it appear.




















2 comments:

  1. I love watching the progression of pieces like this. I love paper cuts as well, although I'm not yet skilled enough to attempt the level of detail you've shown here. I think it's great that you're doing A2 cuts, I often work small due to my impatience and almost a small-mindedness. My compositions seem to suit smaller pieces a little better =) But yeah, great stuff, good luck at the Affordable Art Fair. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post. Do you mind if I ask what your source is for this information?

    ReplyDelete