About Me

My photo
I am a cut paper artist and I live in Arlesey, Bedfordshire. I'm originally from a small village outside Salisbury - Winterslow - in Wiltshire. I use a scalpel (and scissors too) to cut into single sheets of paper that I then layer from behind to create bold and striking images of buildings and places, expressing my love of the English landscape and the natural world about me.

Thursday, 10 March 2011

Commission for David and Evelyn Houghton

I have just completed this commission for a couple with a beautiful old Wiltshire village cottage. Its worked out well, this time I had only a set of photos to work from and though I know the cottage a little, it always takes time to pull different bits from photos to bring the design together. I was very pleased though, especially with the apples. I wanted it to have a real feel of notalgia - a roses-round-the-door kind of look. They were both very pleased with the end result, so that great news.




No comments:

Post a Comment