About Me

My photo
I am a cut paper artist and I live in Arlesey, Bedfordshire. I'm originally from a small village outside Salisbury - Winterslow - in Wiltshire. I use a scalpel (and scissors too) to cut into single sheets of paper that I then layer from behind to create bold and striking images of buildings and places, expressing my love of the English landscape and the natural world about me.

Sunday, 27 March 2011

Cutting the tough stuff - when its not about beauty or creatures or a flight of fancy.

So. Its not all skipping through the bluebells looking at beautiful architecture or flights of imagination and indulgence. There are times when I cut the tough stuff. Try to put in black and white some of the hurt. Here are four cuts of heartache.



Pretending I am ok when at times I have really struggled.
Feeling lost.
A diagnosis of Parkinson's for my father and
A mother's death at aged five and six days.






No comments:

Post a Comment