Sunday 29 September 2013

Feeling like a real boy!.....David's Bookshop Commission - the mug stage!

I woke up on this lovely sunny morning and checked my phone whilst I slurped my tea in bed... and there in my notification was something exciting! I was commissioned by David's Bookshops in Letchworth to produce a cut paper piece of the shop front back in May. The bookshop wanted the commission to publish postcards and make merchandise but the image they had used for years was a bit outdated. So I set to work and made the piece... and as with all things things went quiet, life rumbled on and I got on with other commissioned pieces.

But now... the mugs and postcards have been made and it's so lovely to see! I have always loved seeing my work reproduced, not only aesthetically because the flatness of the colours really comes out, but it makes it all so accessible for lots of people. I am not a great one for stuff being too fancy pants and unattainable...so to see these mugs, though only small in the great scheme of things... is really exiting for me to see and sort of an aspiration come true.

So... at long last, it feels like I am slowly becoming a real boy!



David's Bookshop, Letchworth Garden City

No comments:

Post a Comment