Thursday 3 October 2013

Remembering another me....remembering another time...

Photo albums should probably come with a health warning. I have been sorting today, boxes that are lurking in the corner, boxes that have remained untouched since my move back in August. Lots of pictures are in the boxes... photos from at least the last 25 years or so. A broken toe meant I couldn't face more daytime telly today, so sitting on my bum with feet on a cushion I started looking through. So many memories - good and not so good - came flooding back. And I came across these...ones of me in the year or so after I graduated, designing rugs and working freelance designing printed textiles. So much seems to have happened. The Vanessa that is in these photos has no idea of what the future was that was coming. Would she have liked to know?  Could I have saved myself some of the tears and the heartache? Probably not....time would have happened, history would have happened anyway so events would have happened even if they were not the same as the reality that did. All those experiences have made me the Vanessa that I am now, and for that I am glad.






No comments:

Post a Comment