About Me

My photo
I am a cut paper artist and I live in Arlesey, Bedfordshire. I'm originally from a small village outside Salisbury - Winterslow - in Wiltshire. I use a scalpel (and scissors too) to cut into single sheets of paper that I then layer from behind to create bold and striking images of buildings and places, expressing my love of the English landscape and the natural world about me.

Sunday, 23 January 2011

New drawings - a tender line on a sketchbook page.

Here are few of some drawings that I have started just recently. This is often the way a paper cut starts to emerge from the ether, in a simple sketched idea that I then develope. With these drawings though I might just keep them as that, simply drawings. I love the tender line of them and they seem whole in themselves. Complete. See more of them on my Facebook Fan page.







From the top: "Leda and the Swan", "Woman and the White Rabbit", "Curled up" and "Holding up"
© Vanessa Stone

No comments:

Post a Comment