Friday 28 January 2011

Stonehill School Art Club - surface pattern dawgs and pussums...


At the art club I have been running at Stonehill School I showed the children how to use rubber stamps and coloured pens and pencils to make surface pattern. I encouraged them to work into the patterns, adding colour and texture over the stamp patterns to bring out the shapes much more. The children made a sheet each of a repeat patten. We then used a template that I had designed and prepared for the club, the pattern of a dog and cat which they cut from their surface patter sheets. With just an hour to juggle I need to make these sessions rather component based so as to guarantee a concrete outcome. I was so chuffed with what they made. Little charming creatures that each have a personality of their own. Magical.



An example of the surface pattern created
One of the little dogs made...

No comments:

Post a Comment