About Me

My photo
I am a cut paper artist and I live in Arlesey, Bedfordshire. I'm originally from a small village outside Salisbury - Winterslow - in Wiltshire. I use a scalpel (and scissors too) to cut into single sheets of paper that I then layer from behind to create bold and striking images of buildings and places, expressing my love of the English landscape and the natural world about me.

Wednesday, 21 December 2016

Paper flowers workshop......


Here are some more wonderful things created at the Broadway Gallery Family Art Studio workshop I ran back in October to run in conjunction with Rebecca Louise Law's exhibition that was on at the time. These were all created by a range of ages from 3's and up. 

Simple constructions of cut paper petals attached in the middle by glue-ing onto disks of paper and card, and then attached to a straw by using split pins. I glued them in place too for additional sturdiness. The straws were slight bendy ones, so it meant we could angel the flowers to a jaunty angle! A simple idea that worked really well. 

Everyone went home with handfuls of created paper flowers/collages and sculpture-ey things!!!




All these were made by one little girl!!

Chuff chuff!

Wiggly dangling ghosts......

Collage by a little 2 yr old.....

Spinning paper flowers......

No comments:

Post a Comment