Wednesday 21 December 2016

Weekend visit to Whitby Museum!!

We went back to Whitby Museum this last weekend! Whoop! its such a fantastic place. I think probably my favourite museum!! We were only staying in Whitby a couple of nights and visiting this place was ......a priority!!

Old fashioned but full of such a varied and interesting collection. There aren't any interactive displays, the labels are hand typed out and hand written - this is a place of another time. For me though it has great relevance. I am fascinated by the objects that are now defunct in our digital age - the sextants for example. I suppose I feel a bit irrelevant too... with my hand made craft art that I make. The obstreperous bit of me likes that I don't fit, likes that I am bucking whats all around me... but then I don't want to stay static and stuck in a place, which the museum is too. Interesting thoughts......

1960's and 70's Christmas cards.....

Beautiful Ammonites.....

Section of a totem pole......

Part of a large model of the Battle of Trafalgar! Its the Fighting Temeraire!

Victorian doll with such a sweet face....

Bridal Gallery gave me the heebie geebies.....

More veils and gorgeous Edwardian lace....

A touching Farther Christmas letter.....how different ones are from today's children.....

No comments:

Post a Comment