About Me

My photo
I am a cut paper artist and I live in Arlesey, Bedfordshire. I'm originally from a small village outside Salisbury - Winterslow - in Wiltshire. I use a scalpel (and scissors too) to cut into single sheets of paper that I then layer from behind to create bold and striking images of buildings and places, expressing my love of the English landscape and the natural world about me.

Wednesday, 21 December 2016

Weekend visit to Whitby Museum!!

We went back to Whitby Museum this last weekend! Whoop! its such a fantastic place. I think probably my favourite museum!! We were only staying in Whitby a couple of nights and visiting this place was ......a priority!!

Old fashioned but full of such a varied and interesting collection. There aren't any interactive displays, the labels are hand typed out and hand written - this is a place of another time. For me though it has great relevance. I am fascinated by the objects that are now defunct in our digital age - the sextants for example. I suppose I feel a bit irrelevant too... with my hand made craft art that I make. The obstreperous bit of me likes that I don't fit, likes that I am bucking whats all around me... but then I don't want to stay static and stuck in a place, which the museum is too. Interesting thoughts......

1960's and 70's Christmas cards.....

Beautiful Ammonites.....

Section of a totem pole......

Part of a large model of the Battle of Trafalgar! Its the Fighting Temeraire!

Victorian doll with such a sweet face....

Bridal Gallery gave me the heebie geebies.....

More veils and gorgeous Edwardian lace....

A touching Farther Christmas letter.....how different ones are from today's children.....

No comments:

Post a Comment